ASC Update: Nov. 12 meeting

Staff report, courtesy of ASC minutes.

Asbury Student Congress (ASC) is a student-led body representing different clubs, organizations and academic groups on campus. ASC meetings are held once every month in Hughes Auditorium and are typically open for all students to attend, but are currently only open to members due to coronavirus regulations. This was the last meeting of the semester.

ASC is currently reviewing the allotment of the $99 student fee. Seniors Grace Crall and Anna Lauren Jacobs presented first this week, representing The Asbury Review. They explained how the publication utilizes their share of the student fee. They currently receive $4,800 per semester, which they use to publish one magazine per year, and are requesting a yearly total of $5,000 per year to publish a magazine each semester and better serve the student body. Junior Sophia Colclasure also presented as a representative of ASC and explained how the ASC budget is utilized. ASC is not requesting any changes to their budget.

Proposals:

Racial discrimination proposal: Proposed by Jillian Brewer and Alejandra Ahern. Proposing the creation of a formal process for reporting racial harassment and/or discrimination. This process would be described in the university’s annual bulletin.

Open Floor Announcements and Club Reports:

A committee will be launched in the spring to handle student fees, which will be organized by Demarion Johnson.

The Executive Cabinet is working on the semester report which will be sent out within the next week or two.