The world of Esports

During these unprecedented times, it can be difficult to feel like you have control of anything. While I can’t give you back control, I can encourage you to pick up a control. 

If you are doing what you should be doing as a responsible citizen and staying home, this is the perfect time for you to pick up that gaming controller and dive into the world of Esports. This is practically the only time in your life when you can stay home and spend hours playing Call of Duty, Overstrike and League of Legends. 

For those of you who do not know anything about Esports, they are “multiplayer video game[s] played competitively for spectators, typically by professional gamers,” according to Dictionary.com.  

But just because you are not a professional gamer does not mean you can’t play. 

WorldGaming.com is a competitive video gaming hub that you can join and play. According to its website, it is the “the premier destination for competitive and passionate gamers, with over 6,700,000 matches played and over $60,000,000 in cash prizes paid to gamers.” 

All you have to do is create an account with WorldGaming.com, find your favorite game and join a tournament. But if you would rather take the backseat, you can always watch the tournaments on the ESPN Esports channel. 

Whether you want to watch or participate, Esports are a great way to get in your sports fix that you have been missing so badly.