@Asbury Look Alikes: #Twinning

Whether we would like to believe it or not, we all have a doppelganger. Described to be a non-biologically-related look-alike or double of a living person, for some, a doppelganger could be a celebrity or someone from across the world. But for others, a look-alike can come in all shapes in forms, like a cartoon character, a monster or even your pet dog. 

Thanks the Instagram account, @asbury.look.alike, Asburians across campus are getting to see their real life doppelgangers. Amassing over 650 followers in under two weeks, @asbury.look.alike may just be the most popular Asbury-specific meme page to ever grace social media. 

According to the account’s Instagram profile, students are encouraged to submit photos of either themselves, friends, faculty or that guy from their math class to the page. “DM me for suggestions!” it says. 

The owner of the account is still not publicly known, nor the exact number of individuals involved, and they’d like to keep it that way. For the sake of anonymity we will call their representative “Jordan,” and for the sake of keeping the potential group anonymous we shall use the pronouns “they/them.” Jordan recently sat down with the Collegian to talk about the Instagram account that has sent Asbury social media users into a frenzy. 

According to Jordan, they receive over 10 submissions per hour. “It is starting to die down,” they said, however, there is still plenty of content that will be posted. 

Jordan stated that they only post pictures that they believe truly look like the Asburian submitted. Some of their personal favorites include Music Department Chair Dr. Schell as Dwight Schrute, junior Jackson Wilhelmi as Human Shrek from Shrek 2 and senior Michael Secen as a llama. 

Jordan does kindly ask submitters to only send photos that are already edited side by side. To see if you have been featured on their page, be sure to follow @asbury.look.alike on Instagram.