PGA Kentucky Championship Tour Announced to return to Nicholasville

This summer, the Champions at Keene Trace Golf Club in Nicholasville, Kentucky, welcomes back the PGA Tour under a new name – the Kentucky Championship. The event has become a significant occasion in the golf calendar, attracting players from both the PGA and DP World Tour to compete for valuable benefits.

The Barbasol Championship debuted originally in 2015 in Alabama and first came to Nicholasville in 2018. Now rebranded as the Kentucky Championship, the event continues its legacy of providing a thrilling stage for golf’s finest. This new name and now permanent location in Nicholasville will significantly benefit the state and golf fans in the region. 

In 2023, the championship saw Vincent Norrman, a PGA Tour Rookie of the Year nominee, claim victory. His remarkable performance added another chapter to the event’s rich history. 

In alignment with the Strategic Alliance between the PGA and DP World Tour, the Kentucky Championship will welcome 50 players from the DP World Tour. The winner of this collaboration will enjoy exemptions on both Tours through 2026 (2025 on the PGA Tour for non-members).

A field of 156 players is set up to compete for the prestigious title and a substantial $4 million purse. The stakes are high, with the winner claiming glory and earning 300 FedExCup points and 500 Race to Dubai Ranking Points.

Golf enthusiasts can mark their calendars for an exciting week of competition as the Kentucky Championship unfolds from July 8 to July 14. The Champions at Keene Trace Golf Club will be the backdrop for this skill, strategy, and sportsmanship showcase.