Macy Carmony

Asbury men’s basketball team wins the annual Ray Shouse game

Asbury’s men’s basketball team came out on top of Simmons College during the annual Ray Shouse game. This annual game between the Asbury Eagles and Simmons College was played in honor of Ray Hudson Shouse: the late son of Head Coach Will Shouse and his wife, Whitney. 

In December 2015, Ray passed away due to complications from a diaphragmatic hernia he was born with. From the home game’s opening tip-off, Asbury’s Men’s Basketball team showed their prowess, securing a lead in the first quarter. The game unfolded with remarkable plays, with standout performances from players like Caleb Wallis. Wallis scored 15 points with three rebounds, two assists, and two steals.

Macy Carmony
Photo by Macy Carmony.

Another key player for the victory was Clayton Winter, who grabbed his sixth double-double of the season on Saturday night.

The Asbury defense effectively held Simmons throughout the game, ensuring he scored below 30 points in both halves. This outstanding performance led to the Falcons recording their lowest point total against any opponent this season.

Asbury’s Men’s Basketball secured a victory against Simmons College, with a final score of Asbury 80 to Simmons College 51.

In a powerful display of sportsmanship and tribute, the Annual Ray Shouse Game celebrated the athletic achievements of Asbury’s Men’s Basketball and honored the memory of a beloved individual. The victory is a testament to the team’s resilience and the enduring impact of Ray Hudson Shouse’s legacy.