TOAST wins the audience at Highbridge

Another successful Highbridge is in the books. The “vaporwave” theme filled Hughes with bright, beautiful colors that caught the eyes of everyone who entered.

Eyes were not only focused on the lights but on the fantastic films that were showcased on the big screen. The films shown this year were: Returning HOME – Randy Halbig (Graduate Film), Chops – Danny Barracca, Doug & Wilt – John Michael Heard, Yours Maple – Nicholas Joransen, Unhappy Triad – James Cook, One Good Reason – Josh Carlos Brannon, David the Kid – Kevin Combs, Don’t Forget Us – Gracie Turner, Up the Road – Danny Barracca, Laundry Day – Tyler Chong, How’s Ivy? – Ian Wang, TOAST – Travis Kane Price, Sheets – The Wold Brothers (High School Film). 

This year the best director award went to Travis Kane Price for his movie “Toast.” Price also walked away with the Audience Choice Award, which the audience voted on after watching all the films.  John Michael Heard received the Best Picture-Producer Award, Gavin Oak-Lee Reed won Best Cinematography and Emalee Crouse was awarded Best Production Design all for their hard work in “Toast.”

Gavin Oak-Lee Reed won Best Actor for his performance in “Up the Road,” and the Best Actress Award went to Kaitlyn McCracken for her vulnerable performance in “How’s Ivy?”

Danny Barracca and John Golden were awarded the Best Sound Design Award for their hard work in the “Chops” film. Barracca also received the Best Screenplay Award for his film “Chops” along with the Best Sound Design Award. Lilianna Fischer won the Best Production Design Award for her designs in “Chops.”

Ian Wang won Best Original Score for his arrangement in “Chops.” Wang also received the Blake and Shannon Bailey Storytelling Scholarship which is a brand new award that was introduced this year. Wang was awarded 5,000 to put towards the making of his film “Piece by Piece.”

One film showcased in the Highbridge Film Festival this year was created by two brothers who are still in high school. Ethan and Everret Wold showcased their film “Sheets,” which won Best High School Film.

For his work in “David the Kid,” Kevin Combs received the Best Costume and Makeup award. The award for Best Special Visual Effects went to Andrew Stratton for his hard work in “Up the Road.” Tyler Chong won the Best Editing Award for his film “Laundry Day.”

Gracie Turner was awarded the Best Documentary award for her film “Don’t Forget Us.” Turner created a documentary showing real reactions to the Holocaust concentration camps in Germany and Poland. 

This year the Servant Leader Award was presented to Faith Osborne for exemplifying the value of encouragement, the power of listening and truly valuing peers she is involved with. 

Congratulations to all the Highbridge directors, cast, crew members and the award winners on a successful showcase of all their hard work.