Spring break on a budget

Many college students know the phrase “balling on a budget.” College is expensive and exhausting, and everyone needs a break. Lucky for Asbury students, that spring break is next week.

If the question, “What should I do during the break?” comes to mind, look no further. Here is a list of fun things to do over spring break that will not break the bank.

1. Rest. This one seems obvious but is needed nonetheless. Revival, as glorious and good as it was, threw off our daily rhythms and has caused some of us to play catch up with school work and other activities. Spring break offers an opportunity to rest in all aspects— physical, emotional, mental, relational and spiritual. Focus on yourself, take time to process and get your energy back. 
  2. Go outside. Warm weather is finally here, so take advantage of it. Whether it is a hike in the woods or just sitting outside to read a book, enjoy the warm weather that God has provided.
  3. Get creative. So many easy and fun crafts are out there waiting for you. Painting, crocheting and drawing are just some of the dozens of crafts to do as hobbies.
  4. Go on a road trip. There are so many different routes that roads can take you. If there has been somewhere or something you have been dying to see, this is the time to go. Plan the road trip, grab all the necessary snacks, and then hit the road.
  5. Plan a trip. This idea can seem daunting, but there are so many unique places to visit that are still budget-friendly. The beach always catches the eye of college students but can get pricey. One example is Daytona Beach, Florida. Daytona offers spring break cards that give students discounted prices on different things and a free bus that takes travelers to restaurants or the beach. 

Above all, stay safe and have fun, Asbury!