LA Rams win Super Bowl

The Los Angeles Rams beat the Cincinnati Bengals to win Super Bowl LVI. The two teams fought until the very end.

The Rams were first on the scoreboard and put up an uncontested 10 points at the beginning of the second quarter, but just before halftime, the Bengals were able to score their first touchdown and shift momentum going into the second half.

Coming out of the half, the Bengals had possession because they had deferred the coin toss. This was a strategic move because they were known to excel in the second half of their games all season.

“We’ve been a second-half team all year,” Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow said.

They were able to start the second half off strong with an immediate connection from Burrow to Higgins for a 75-yard touchdown, giving them the lead for the first time of the night.

On the Rams’ next possession, Stafford threw yet another interception. Despite the Bengals having no turnovers and intercepting two of Stafford’s passes, they could not capitalize on that and only got three combined points from them.  

In the game’s final quarter, the Bengals had a short lead, but the Rams could capitalize on a few key plays.

“Stafford and Cooper Kupp did what they had done all season. When the game was on the line, they dialed in,” said Bleacher Report. “On first-and-goal inside two minutes, offsetting penalties nullified a four-yard Kupp touchdown. Three plays later, Stafford connected again with his No. 1 weapon for a one-yard score to give the Rams the final 23-20 lead that Aaron Donald would secure with a crucial pressure on Burrow on the following drive.”

The Rams victory was widely celebrated as they were in their hometown, but Bengals fans were heartbroken as their underdog team had come just short in their first bowl game in years. However, after putting up an impressive game, Burrow thinks they will be back and give his team and their fans another chance for that win.

“We’re a young team, so you’d like to think that we’ll be back in this situation multiple times over the course of the next few years,” Burrow said to CBS sports. “So, we take this and let it fuel you for the rest of our careers.”

On the other side, the Rams were elated, especially Matthew Stafford, who had put in 12 years in Detroit with no success at getting that win.  In his first year in LA, he led his new team to that big victory.

“I was just a little emotional and so happy to be a world champ, and so happy to be a part of this group,” Stafford said. That’s the biggest thing. It’s not me; it’s not any individual on this team. We’re a group. We’re a team. And to get it done together was so special.”