Asbury announces Administrative staff changes

Asbury University announced new additions to its staff on Jan. 14, with Jennifer McChord as new Vice President of Enrollment and Marketing and Abby Laub serving as new Director of Strategic Communications.

McChord, Director of Strategic Communications since March 2020, will be tasked with achieving Asbury’s enrollment goals as Vice President of Enrollment and Marketing. This position integrates admissions, financial aid, and marketing recruitment to accomplish those goals.

“I am thrilled to be a part of this special community at Asbury University,” McChord said of the promotion. “I’m excited to share our mission, value, and student stories of transformation with more students and their families.”

“Jennifer McChord is a visionary who brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this position,” Asbury University President Kevin Brown said. “I am very excited for her to serve in this executive capacity, and I look forward to seeing her vision unfold in the days ahead.”

Before working with Asbury, McChord had a diverse career in sales and marketing, working on every level from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. She also possesses experience in higher education marketing and NCAA Division I athletics communications.

Laub replaces McChord as Director of Strategic Communications, a position that focuses on the messaging of Asbury’s goals and the unique experiences it offers in the landscape of higher education. Laub will work with the Office to connect students worldwide to traditional and non-traditional learning opportunities to prepare them for success in the dynamic global marketplace.

“I am honored to help the next generation of students thrive in their callings with an Asbury education,” Laub said of her new position. “I believe universities like Asbury are critically important and impactful, and I look forward to helping further its mission while also coming alongside students in meaningful ways.”

Starting in May 2021, Laub served as Assistant Director of Strategic Communications. Prior to joining Asbury’s staff, Laub experienced a diverse 16-year career in media and communications, working with universities, corporations, publications, and non-profit organizations across Kentucky and throughout the United States. She also co-founded J. A. Laub Photography with her husband in 2007.