Asbury announces student center renovations

Asbury University will commence renovations on the student center (STUCE) as early as the week prior to fall break.

The lower level, or basement, of the STUCE will be the first level to be renovated. All activity in the student center will be allowed to continue throughout the fall semester, although accompanied by construction noise.

The STUCE will be completely offline during the spring 2022 semester, due to construction and interior renovation. 

Plans for the updated and reconstructed student center allow for a larger HICCUP space with expansive service counters and seating areas, a built-in stage for casual events, and a new sound system.

The renovations will also bring the campus post office (CPO), the Eagle Outlet, and a lounge for the intercultural life program into the student center, as well as the addition of an elevator, to enhance accessibility.

Alongside STUCE renovations, Asbury is also beginning construction for an outside dining area.

Located between the STUCE and the dining, the new area will offer a patio-style seating section with immediate access to the cafeteria. Students will be able to meal swipe and get food, then congregate outside to sit, if desired.

The conclusion and reveal of the STUCE and outdoor dining projects will coincide with Asbury’s in-progress CLC STEM building, which will be open by Fall 2022.

Asbury President, Kevin Brown said in a campus-wide email, “My commitment is to do what I can to maintain student community continuity—in other words, maintaining and providing spaces of gathering, socializing, studying, etc,” Brown continues, “There will be more information in the coming days, but I wanted to make you aware of our upcoming plans, and the benefits this will provide to Asbury University in the days ahead.”