Photo by Ethan Sirles

Inauguration Task Force prepares for full day of events

Preparations for Dr. Kevin Brown’s presidential inauguration are in full swing, and it’s no small
feat to put together an entire day of events. Thanks to the Inauguration Task Force, students and
faculty can expect a smoothly running day on March 6.
“This process has allowed the task force to have concentrated time to focus on all the things that
make Asbury such a special place and to celebrate the tremendous blessing we have in our new
president, Dr. Brown,” said Provost Dr. Timothy Wooster. “It has been a joy to work with this
team as we plan and look forward to a campus-wide celebration that will demonstrate Asbury
University at its best.”
The process started in August, with full task force meetings beginning in September to
accommodate the planning needed for the events.
“What I have enjoyed most about the process is the people,” said Director of Conference Services
Christine Endicott. “As a new employee I was a bit hesitant when asked to join the Inauguration
Task Force, but the group was so genuine and open with ideas — I was very honored when
asked to be on a sub-committee.”
The committee has also approached their meetings prayerfully in order to create a celebration
that benefits the Asbury University campus.
“Every gathering is opened in prayer and the Lord has guided us in the journey. We hope that all
the students will participate in many of the day’s events and pray this celebration will be a
blessing for all involved,” said Endicott.
The Inauguration Ceremony is all day on March 6, with four events open to all students: the
Installation Service in Hughes Auditorium from 9-11 a.m., an academic showcase in the Student
Center from 2-4 p.m., the President’s Panel from 4-5 p.m. in Jameson Recital Hall and the
Community Celebration in the Student Center from 8-9:30 p.m.