Freshman formal tickets totally free

It’s well known that the Asbury community loves a good formal. But what happens when it’s
free? The freshman class is going to find out in just a few short weeks when Freshman Formal
rolls around, thanks to a slight bit of work to the freshman class budget.
“We didn’t have to do a ton of restructuring,” said Max Borden, the freshman class male
chaplain. “We were pretty smart with planning our money out from the beginning to be able to
do something like this, and we’re just really happy it worked out that we could make this a free
event.”
The idea formed in order to include as many students from the class as possible.
“Individuals — and the class as a whole — can benefit from Freshman Formal being free. Most
college students do not want to pay for events and it provides an opportunity for everyone to be
included,” said freshman class publicist Megan Morrow.
Class president Mattie Albertson oversaw the planning of the event, which will be held at
Champions Trace Golf Club.
“I’m excited to have an event where the freshman class can have fun and spend time together!”
said Albertson. “As a cabinet we decided to make Freshman Formal free so that there was an
opportunity for everyone to attend. We believe that community is built when we get to
participate in events together.”
Looking forward, the freshman class hopes to continue to provide free events for their class to
attend, promoting the attendance of as many students as possible.
“As of right now, we’re still figuring out some other events that aren’t as big or elaborate for our
class, like spiritual events,” said Borden. “We came to this realization that this is the big event
that we as freshmen get to put on. We definitely wanted to put a lot into this to make it the best
night possible.”
Freshman Formal will be held at Champions Trace Golf Club on March 7.