Photo by Eliza Tan

Chapel altar celebrates international faith

Asbury’s International Student Alliance (ISA) has been given the opportunity to have a “host chapel” this spring semester for the weeks of Feb. 10 and 17. During these chapels, ISA set up an altar table at the front of Hughes Auditorium to hold various artifacts from around the world. 

The artifacts on display are representative of cultures around the world and how they worship. The decorations have been provided by the students involved with ISA as well as other international students. 

Although the ISA has already presented its host chapels, the altar remains on display for the entire campus to enjoy and take in. With each item, there are also descriptions explaining its use in worship or the significance of its cultural relevance. 

Students are highly encouraged to engage with the altar while it is set up and pray there. The altar is meant to encourage global prayer and to remind the community that there is more than just what is going on here in our backyard. 

An email sent out by the ISA on Feb. 3 said, “If there are any international oriented prayer requests, please share.” 

Bringing international awareness to Asbury’s campus is such a large part of what the ISA is about, and this is just one of the many ways that they have been striving to do so.