McDonald’s goes nostalgic in 2022

This year McDonald’s released a new Adult Happy Meal and announced the return of the beloved Halloween Buckets.

McDonald’s created an Adult Happy Meal for those missing the Happy Meal days. This meal includes the choice of a Big Mac or a ten-piece chicken nugget, fries, a drink and even a toy. The selection of toys involves redesigned versions of McDonald’s mascots Grimace, Hamburglar, Birdie and the brand new Cactus Buddy. 

The Adult Happy Meal collaborates with the Cactus Plant Flea Market, one of the current hottest names in fashion. Cactus Plant Flea Market is a clothing brand known for its uniqueness and celebrity attention. The classic McDonald’s mascot toys have been redesigned with four eyes since Cactus Plant Flea Market uses four eyes for most character designs. McDonald’s designed the Adult Happy Meal Bucket with the Cactus Plant Flea Market designers. When purchasing the Adult Happy Meal on the app, customers will automatically be entered to win exclusive Cactus Plant Flea Market apparel. 

Making their first appearance since 2016 is the Halloween Happy Meal Buckets. McBoo, McPunk’n and McGoblin first made their debut in 1986 and are back again to bring nostalgia and the Halloween spirit back to customers. Starting Oct. 18 until Oct. 31, these buckets can be bought with a Happy Meal while supplies last.

The iconic Halloween Buckets look different this time with new and improved lids. McBoo has a white pumpkin top, McGoblin has a witch’s hat and McPunk’n has a pumpkin top. 

When these buckets were first created in 1986, all the buckets were made to look like different jack-o-lantern faces and were all orange. Since then, these plastic pails have had several other makeovers but have now gone back to the original three faces with new colors. McBoo is a white ghost, McGoblin is a green witch and McPunk’n is an orange jack-o-lantern.

These pails are suitable for more than just trick or treating. McDonald’s gave several creative uses for their Halloween Buckets: add them to a costume to provide the extra edge, turn them upside down to create a drum set, use them as Halloween decor, or even pot plants.     2022 has been a big year for the McDonald’s company. The new Adult Happy Meals and the returning Halloween Pails are not the only things McDonald’s has brought into 2022. McDonald’s has been releasing new exclusive deals on their app. For more updates go to the McDonald’s Rewards app.