Ford Motor Co. investment brings 500 jobs to Kentucky Truck Plant

Ford Motor Company announced a $700 million investment for the state of Kentucky, bringing in around 500 jobs, according to LEX18.

Ford’s vice president of manufacturing, John Savona, said, ”I can’t think of a better place to announce that than right there in Kentucky — the heart of truck country.”

This $700 million investment led Gov. Andy Beshear to make Tuesday, Sept. 27, officially “KenTRUCKy” day.

Ford is already present in Louisville, meaning the money acts as an expansion while the company gets ready to produce its new F-Series Super Duty truck. Ford also announced that the expansion is expected to create 500 full-time jobs. 

“The partnership between Kentucky and Ford goes back more than a century and is only becoming stronger,” Gov. Beshear said.

Beshear also said this investment is the seventh biggest for Jefferson County. LEX 18 reported it was announced on the first anniversary of Ford and SK Innovation’s $5.8 billion investment in Kentucky, which will create two electric car battery plants in Hardin County and 5,000 new jobs.

Beshear said these investments would not simply create jobs but protect them to ensure Kentucky’s future involvement with the auto industry. 

“And look, one year later, we’re announcing 700 million dollars of additional investment,” said Beshear.

Ford says it supports nearly 120,000 jobs in Kentucky and, according to the state, it is the largest vehicle producer and one of the largest employers in Kentucky. More than 12,000 people are working across two assembly plants in Louisville. 

Beshear said the company is building its future in the Commonwealth. “We couldn’t be more proud and look forward to many more decades of success for this iconic American company here in Kentucky,” Beshear said.