Annual Fall Variety Show

By Bria Isaacson, News Editor

The annual Asbury University Fall Variety Show will be held Nov. 4 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in Hughes. This year’s hosts are sophomore Elijah Lutz and junior Patrick O’Brien.

Although this is an annual event and the event itself is staying the same, there are many unique acts lined up already for the show.

“We have some really talented performers this year and some wonderfully wacky acts that I think people will enjoy,” O’Brien said. “There really is something for everyone.”

The acts will include singing and instrumental acts, as well as comedic acts.

“Each year we do our best to choose the acts we think students will most enjoy and really aim to encompass the widest variety of acts possible,” said junior Lizzy Sherwood, vice president of student activities.

[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]Connectivity is great for an event like this because it showcases familiar talent and allows everyone to get together and show their talents and abilities all while having some fun as well.[/perfectpullquote]

This inclusion fits the goal of the event, which is “to showcase the talents and abilities of Asbury students, as well as to provide entertainment for the student body and community,” Sherwood said.

Students will not only be entertained by the acts but also by the hosts. Lutz and O’Brien have been practicing for the show and are excited to present.

O’Brien is most excited for a small segment of the show: intermission. He said, “I am very excited for…inevitably calling out the guy who will stand up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the show.”

All jokes aside, though, both hosts are hoping to make this year’s show special in some way.

“To me, that means everyone (performers or audience members) will be invested in the show somehow,” O’Brien said. “Asbury is a small place, and that is great for something like this because if you aren’t in the show you definitely know someone who is. This kind of connectivity is great for an event like this because it showcases familiar talent and allows everyone to get together and show their talents and abilities all while having some fun as well.”