New cheerleading coach has big goals

By Brandon Halcomb, Sports Writer

With each new school year there are always new faces on Asbury’s campus. One of those new faces this fall was Tiffany Allen, Asbury University’s new cheerleading coach. In her first year coaching at Asbury University Allen is hoping that her squad can make a statement.

“My goals for the cheer squad this year are for them to enjoy what they are doing and be respected as student athletes.”

Coach Allen, already a respected member of the Nicholasville community that’s worked as West Jessamine High School’s head cheerleading coach and runs her own cheerleading and tumbling facility in Nicholasville, is ready to make the transition to college and is wanting to have the same impact on Asbury’s campus.

“I want to continue working with the Asbury Cheerleading program, and I want to build the interest of student athletes coming to Asbury to cheer.” Allen said.

Even though she has high standards and goals for the squad in the future, working with the cheerleading squad now has been rewarding in it’s own right to Coach Allen. “I have truly enjoyed working with the student athletes at Asbury. They are very hard working and eager to learn.”

Practices with the team have helped build a bond between the team and their coach, but with basketball season right around the corner, Coach Allen is ready for her squad to take the court and get the students excited.

I want to build the interest of student athletes coming to Asbury to cheer

“We have come a long way since the start of the season. Everyone is learning their positions and their responsibility to the team. This squad practices hard and is ready to cheer for their school during basketball season. I hope the University is able to see how much work these student athletes have put in over the last two and a half months.”