Athlete of the Week: Kyle Lamb

Hometown: Nicholasville, Ky.

Junior

Major: Sports Management.

2) Who first influenced you to play basketball?

Growing up, I used to watch Kentucky play with my dad. I think that’s when I first began to develop an interest in playing basketball. My dad and grandfather gave me my first basketball goal when I was young and I would shoot on it for hours. I would say I began playing in leagues when I was around 5-6 years old.

3) Who are some teammates you really admire?

Jordan Gilbert- On the court, Jordan is a true floor general and he is what makes our team go. Off the court he is a great guy that you can rely on.

Tyler Smith- On the court, Tyler plays with such a high motor. It seems like he never stops or gets tired. He plays with so much heart and it is admirable. Off the court, he is a funny guy who keeps everyone laughing.

Jimmie Roper- Everyone on the team looks up to Jimmie. He is a little older than most of us so it’s kind of like he is a big brother to us all. Jimmie is a spiritual leader of our team and is someone that will hold you accountable and will be there to talk about basketball or whatever it may be.

I have great teammates and I truly do admire all of them.

4) What is a trait that you admire in your coaches?

I really look up to all my coaches; Coach Shouse, Coach Abner and Coach Davis. I know that their door is always open and any of the guys on the team can talk to them about anything, no matter what it is.

5) What other hobbies do you have?

Watching movies is something I enjoy. Spending time with family and friends is important to me also.

6) What other sports team on campus do you respect or admire?

I can’t pick just one. I think all of Asbury athletics are great. We are lucky to have great coaches to lead our athletes, and our athletes represent our school well.

7) What is a fun fact about you?

Something that most people might not know about me is that I have a twin sister. Her name is Morgan and she goes to Spencerian College.