Wilmore welcomes a new Mexican restaurant

Wilmore, KY, welcomes Los Altos, a new authentic Mexican cuisine restaurant located on Main Street. On Saturday, April 13, Los Altos opened to the community, beginning their soft lunch at 11 am. 

The menu will consist of many different options of Mexican food. Street tacos, appetizers, soups, salads, nachos, fajitas, and more will be offered. Monday through Thursday hours will be from 11 am to 9 pm. Friday and Saturday they will be open from 11 am to 9:30 pm and Sunday hours range from 11 am to 8 pm.

“Omar, [owner of Los Altos] relayed the information that he wants this establishment to be a community space where individuals can come, hang out and fellowship,” said Anna Hunsinger, Los Altos’s media coordinator. “There will be games like cornhole and others that reflect a hang-out atmosphere. There will also be TV’s inside, where people can watch sports and games.” 

As well as a place for individuals to eat and fellowship, Los Altos hopes to incorporate unique Mexican cultural experiences for the public as well. 

“Along with authentic food, Omar wants to bring in new elements that other Mexican restaurants don’t,” said Hunsinger. “For example, a live mariachi band and a dance from Mexican culture. He wants this to be a space where people can ask questions about the Mexican culture and where the local community can learn more about his culture. Community is his main goal.”

Featured image by Rebecca Hedman.