WHAM Gen Z Worship Night Service

On Friday Feb. 9 the “Worship Him At Midnight,” more commonly known as WHAM team, will be hosting a celebratory service of the Outpouring that took place on Asbury’s campus last year in Feb. 2023. The Gen Z worship night will include Asbury students, local youth groups and other college ministries and will take place in Hughes Auditorium from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

The Outpouring, or what some have described as a revival, started on Feb. 8, 2023. What was a routine Wednesday morning chapel service turned into a multiweek Outpouring. The Asbury Outpouring garnered national media attention and attracted individuals from around the world. 

To continue to share what God did on Asbury’s campus during that transformative period, Zeke Atha, the lead coordinator of WHAM, stated that the service would “be a celebration of the Outpouring, taking the form of a worship service. Our main and central focus will just be celebrating and thanking God for what he has done in the past year.” 

All are invited to attend as a time to celebrate and contemplate how the Lord has moved in each student’s life and the powerful ways he has touched the lives of many on campus and beyond. 

WHAM is an important time for those to worship outside of the usual chapel services offered during the week and serves as a “sacred space, outside of chapel, for hungry students to come and worship, by invitation, and not obligation,” said Atha. 

The Outpouring service is a time to celebrate all that the Lord has done during the February Outpouring, since then and to look ahead to all that the Lord will bring in the days ahead.

Feature photo by Sam Reed.