CNN

One dead and two injured in shootings over the weekend

Several shootings occurred over the weekend in Kentucky. 

WBBJ-7 Eyewitness News was informed by tipsters of a shooting that took place at Walmart on Church Street in Lexington on Saturday. 

According to the Lexington Police Department, one person was injured during the shooting. 

The victim has not been identified but was allegedly an employee at Walmart. They were airlifted to a local hospital and suffered non-life-threatening injuries. 

Lexington Police shared that they would patrol Walmart’s parking lot for the next few days as they are currently investigating the situation. 

The same evening, a 4-year-old boy died after being shot in Louisville’s Chickasaw neighborhood. 

Louisville Metro Police says officers responded to reports of a child involved in a shooting around 3:50 p.m. in the 800 block of S. 37th Street.

”It’s ridiculous. I mean you really don’t have no answer for what’s going on. It’s just crazy,” said neighbor Ronald Maddox. 

Zacarion Depp was rushed to Norton Children’s Hospital in downtown Louisville where he died at 4:25 p.m. According to the coroner’s report, the shooting was accidental. 

“If something happened to my grand baby at that age, it would tear me apart. It would totally and completely devastate me and tear me apart. I’m going to pray for them because right now we all need prayer,” said neighbor Netta Harris. 

LMPD reported that all people involved in the incident have been accounted for. 

Lexington Police responded to shots fired early Sunday morning. 

Police arrived at the 3100 block of Mapleleaf Drive just after 2:45 a.m. and found one person with gunshot wounds. They were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. 

According to Lexington Police, no one else was hurt and they are not aware of any property damage. 

No suspect information has been released at this time.