Shaker Village hosts spring events with baby animals

Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is celebrating spring with special Saturday events throughout April.

The Village will host Family Farm Days and Brunch with the Babies on Apr. 15, 22, and 29.

Family Farm Days which will run from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., will allow guests to interact with baby animals such as lambs, piglets, calves and chicks. It will also include activity stations such as sheep shearing, scavenger hunts, pony rides, and hay bale pyramids.

Brunch with the Babies, held at the Trustees’ Table restaurant, offers a brunch buffet or continental breakfast, both of which include admission for Family Farm Days. Additional food options are offered from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the event, such as a grab-and-go breakfast stand and more takeaway food options at the Post Office Shop.

Tickets are available online at shakervillageky.org, or at the Village’s Welcome Center. Tickets for Family Farm Days cost $16 for ages 13 and up, with $4 discounts for seniors, veterans and first responders. Admission for children ages 6-12 is $8, while children 5 and under are free.

The hot brunch buffet costs $32 for ages 13 and up and $25 for ages 6-12, with kids five and under eating for free. The continental brunch costs $27 for those over 13 and $20 for ages 6-12. 

The Village is also hosting Bedtime with the Babies every Friday and Saturday in April. From 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., guests will learn about the bedtime rituals of the Village’s farm animals, and will be treated to warm beverages and bedtime stories.

Shaker Village also hosted special Easter events, with an Easter Egg Hunt on Apr. 8 and an Easter Sunday meal at Trustees’ Table on Apr. 9. The Easter Egg Hunt featured a hunt for a golden prize egg, as well as food trucks, pony rides, crafting stations, the farm’s baby animals, and candy for egg hunters. The meal at Trustees’ Table ran from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and featured entrees such as salmon, ham, lamb, and fried chicken. Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Harrodsburg, Ky. is located at 3501 Lexington Road, which is roughly a 15-minute drive from Asbury University.

For more information on the Shaker Village and its event schedule, visit shakervillageky.org or call (859) 734-5411.