Fall formal sees more than 300 students

The Student Activities Cabinet concluded another successful fall formal on Nov. 5, selling more than three hundred tickets throughout last week.  

The theme for this year’s formal was “Fly Me to The Moon” inspired by Frank Sinatra. The dance is one of the many events that the CLC Luce Auditorium has hosted since the beginning of this fall semester. 

Students came dressed in their best and fully prepared to have a great night of dancing, snacks and spending time with great friends.

When you first walked in you were greeted by a retro video of two people dancing. The Luce Auditorium was decorated with fairy lights and moons to complete the “Fly Me to The Moon” vibe that the SAC worked so hard to provide.

Senior Joel Zimmerman said, “I love being in the CLC and a new environment which is cool to have somewhere a little different.”  Zimmerman also said he was very excited to dance with his friends.

For Madison Sallee, this was her first dance at Asbury University. “I am having a really good time with my friends in this new building,” said Sallee.

For many people, this was a great time to spend time with friends and dance the night away without worrying about the stress the end of the semester brings.

“It looks like a great turnout and I just love when we are all together and it doesn’t really matter what we are doing,” said sophomore Madelyn Atkins.