New Chick-Fil-A location opens in Lexington

A new Chick-Fil-A restaurant is now  open in Lexington’s Palomar neighborhood, at 4275 Harrodsburg Rd.

The restaurant plans to maintain a staff of 120 employees.

The location will offer dine-in, carry-out, drive-thru and mobile ordering services. Dine-in will be available from 6:30 am to 9:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, while the drive-thru will operate from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm on the same days.

To celebrate the opening, Chick-Fil-A is donating $25,000 to Feeding America, a non-profit network of over 200 food banks that currently support over 46 million Americans. The money will be distributed to the organization’s partners throughout the Lexington area, according to Chick-Fil-A’s statement of the donation.

Blake Dennard, owner and operator of the new location, told WTVQ that Chick-Fil-A has always been a family business to him. Dennard and his sister (an employee at the new location) are following in the footsteps of their father, a former Chick-Fil-A operator.

Dennard worked as a Chick-Fil-A employee in the mid-2010s, while studying at University of Kentucky, and was selected for the Chick-Fil-A Leadership Development Program after graduating. In October 2016, he got a job as a Chick-Fil-A operator at the Somerset Collection luxury mall in Troy, Michigan, and met his wife at a Chick-Fil-A summit while working there. Today, Dennard looks forward to returning to Lexington and serving its community.

“As a Chick-fil-A Operator, I’m honored to have the unique opportunity to truly engrain myself within the community,” Dennard told WTVQ. “I couldn’t be more thrilled to be back in Lexington and give back to my new Team Members and our guests.”