Stephen Leonardi

Top 5 things to do during spring break

With spring break starting this weekend, you may find yourself in a place of indecisiveness on how to fill your time. For this edition, we wanted to help you brainstorm some activities you can do to engage in some fun during the break. 

1. Go for a picnic at a local park near you. Invite some friends or family you haven’t seen in a while. Go to the store and get all the necessities to make a basic charcuterie board with all the delicious fruits and veggies of your choice to share. Stay at the park for a little while and possibly watch the sunset in the evening. 

2. Volunteer. This will keep you busy and benefit the community. Volunteering is a great way to get involved locally and impact other people’s lives. Doing something like this can also fill you up spiritually and allow you to pour into others the love of Christ while taking a break from school. This is both a fun and positive experience and if you need help finding organizations, reach out to your RD!

3. Go hiking! Spring is slowly approaching and this is the time to get some extra exercise both physically and spiritually. While on this adventure, maybe take a journal and jot down everything you see. This is an easy way to relax and reflect on the beauty of God’s creation. It’s an even better way just to step away and get some quiet time with the Lord. 

4. Host a cookout. Invite a bunch of friends to gather with you in fellowship for some good food and fun. You can use this time to build intentional healthy relationships with other people. It’s also a fun way to put your cooking or grilling skills to the test. (P.S. There’s no rules against combining this with a good hike, too!)

5. Just go outside! Enjoy the outdoors with some friends under the warming sun. Play a game of kickball, dodgeball or maybe even the classic Asbury go-to: spikeball. Whatever game you choose to do, just have fun. 

Utilize this time to take a much-needed break away from everything. Go rest and have fun!