Free image/jpeg, Resolution: 800x600, File size: 94Kb, University Of Kentucky Basketball logo drawing

Unusual and forgettable season for the Kentucky Wildcats

The basketball community has always been used to Kentucky being one of the top teams in the nation with one of the best recruiting classes every season. This year the Wildcats are struggling.

Losses, injuries, cancellations due to COVID-19, a coaching staff change and more losses have made this a season most UK fans would like to forget. 

During this season Coach John Calipari  has tried almost everything to turn things around for his team: Changing lineups, more playing time for guys who barely touch the floor, less playing time for others. Very little has worked.

After losing to Tennessee at Rupp Arena last week, Coach Cal was still being persistent with this season and his team. In an interview with 247sports.com he said, “I’m never going to stop, quit on this team, I’ll give them everything I have.”

The Cats are not the only elite college men’s basketball program that is struggling. Joining the list are Duke Blue Devils and the North Carolina Tarheels, neither of which have cracked the top 25.