Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and Family Subject to Quarantine After Coronavirus Exposure

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and his family are currently in quarantine due to their potential exposure to a security team member who tested positive for COVID-19.

It was reported last weekend that they were driven home by a state police trooper. All persons in the vehicle were wearing masks, but because of the elongated exposure without social distancing, Beshear took the advice of cautious health professionals and followed the decision to quarantine.

The Democrat has been and will be carrying out the remainder of his quarantine in the Governor’s Mansion to show the citizens of Kentucky how to correctly respond to the coronavirus’ repercussions.

“We want to make sure that we are setting the example, and we’re also keeping other people around us safe,” said Beshear during an update video on Twitter. “We’re walking the walk, not just talking the talk.”

He continued and said that he and his family have no symptoms and have all ultimately tested negative, but they will stay in quarantine until the Department of Public Health allows them to withdraw from the isolation period.

Beshear, a strong advocate for mask wearing, social distancing and intermittent sanitization, has enforced the federal coronavirus precautions and guidelines for local Kentuckians. 

Since March, Beshear has upheld Centers for Disease Control and Prevention safety guidelines for the state and continued to legislate regulations in efforts to fight the pandemic.  

The governor will continue to hold his daily health briefings regarding COVID-19 via live stream while in quarantine. 

According to WYMT, Kentucky has been dubbed one of the top 15 most “at risk” states, where inhabitants face increased chances of coronavirus-related hospitalizations and deaths.

Currently, Kentucky has surpassed 18,000 cases of COVID-19, the highest escalation of cases reported so far. 

In light of the new case accumulation and his current circumstances, the governor tried to encourage Kentuckians.

“We’ll get through this together … we will beat this … because we’re team Kentucky.”