Junior-Senior cancelled, students disappointed

As the on-campus activities for spring 2020 have been cancelled, so has the annual Junior-Senior dance. After countless meetings about planning the dance and fine-tuning the details of this event, it was inevitably shut down.

“I am sad and disappointed,” senior Paige Finnigan said. “Having made plans on who I was going with and already bought a dress, Junior-Senior was a senior activity I was really looking forward to.” 

With this event being so highly anticipated it’s no surprise that students are upset, and none more so than the senior class, as it would have been their last formal dance before graduation.

Junior-Senior has been a primary focus for the junior class since the 2019 spring semester. 

“The cabinet has put a significant amount of time into planning the dance,” said Abigail Gillgar, junior class president. “It’s tough having to face the fact that all of the effort we put into giving the seniors a great dance has all more or less gone to waste.”

The junior class took a significant hit financially due to the cancellation of the dance; a great deal of the money that was spent on this event was put towards pieces that were non-refundable. 

Gillgar has also expressed regret that the junior class was unable to fulfill the tradition of putting on the formal as a gift to the senior class. The junior class cabinet stated that they are currently looking for a new way to show the Visionary class just how much they are valued and appreciated by all classes at Asbury.