Liverpool FC dominates the Premier League

For anyone keeping up with the English Premier League, it doesn’t come as any surprise that Liverpool FC is within arm’s reach of snagging the Premier League Cup; however, it is quite notable that, if won, this will be its first ever Premier League Title. 

According to official Premier League statistics, Liverpool boasts 18 different First Division league wins. All of these titles occurred prior to 1992; the most recent win was in the 1989-1990 season. It was in 1992 that the English League was renamed the English Premier League. Thus, the Reds have not yet claimed a true Premier League win.

LFC came very close several times since 1990 to winning a First Division title, but they always fell short. That is, until this year. After clinching the 2018-2019 Champions League title, the Reds turned their attention towards winning their first title. 

With German Head Coach Jürgen Klopp at the helm, Liverpool has done nothing but flourish. Standout players like Salah, Mané and Firmino have led the Reds to their many victories with their goal-scoring abilities. All three of these players are in the top 20 ranking of goal scorers in the league. 

In the current Premier League season, Liverpool has gone undefeated, winning 24 of their 25 matches, picking up one tie along the way. They are currently sitting at the top of the table with 73 points, and the team trailing closest behind is Manchester City with 51 points.

In a full Premier League season, each team plays a total of 38 games, meaning that LFC is now over two thirds of the way through the season. If they continue to play the way that they have been, they will not only claim their first true Premier League title, but they will boast one of the best and most impressive Premier League records ever seen. The record for the most wins in a season is held by Manchester City, with 32; however, LFC has the opportunity to break that record this year. 

Watch out for the Reds as they press on in their season. Their next match, which will be against Norwich, is Feb. 15.