All because of Jesus: the third day of revival

There’s something so beautiful about stained glass windows. The morning sun shines through them, illuminating the chapel with warm and colorful light. It only adds to the peace continuing to spread across Asbury University. 

Revival broke out Wednesday morning after an ordinary chapel service. Now, on Friday afternoon, worship, confession and praise are persistent in Hughes Auditorium. 

However, I think it’s important to note once again that everything occurring here— the healing, the weeping, the rejoicing— is not because of the building. Has revival occurred on these floors and across the seats before? Yes, and what a glorious experience it was for all those involved. But it didn’t happen because the sun lit the room in a specific way. It didn’t happen because of the particular people leading or the songs sung. 

It happened because of Jesus. Everything happening here right now is because of Jesus. 

We have heard testimony from K-Homes Founder and Director Tammy, who shared how God saved so many of the children, her family, in India and across South Asia. One man also said a prayer over those who haven’t gotten to know the name of Jesus. 

And there’s a sense of wrestling, or rather, restlessness. Not in the way of discontentment; actually, the complete opposite. People are still wanting more. It’s like we’ve tasted His goodness and grace, and we don’t want it to stop. 

And there’s quiet. Sometimes we think God only moves through significant events or loud dance-worthy moments. When I read 1 Kings 19 for the first time, I thought God would show up to the prophet Elijah in a big, mighty way. There was a shattering wind that howled. But God wasn’t in the wind. Then came an earthquake that rattled the ground and a bright raging fire. But God wasn’t in the earthquake or the fire. 

He showed up to Elijah in a gentle whisper. He can speak to us in the quiet. 

We think we have to be making noise for Him to hear us. However, He hears us in the shouts but also in the silence. He still hears us whenever we don’t have the words or our hearts are in so much pain we can’t even speak. He still listens. 

Revival has continued. And the moments I’ve seen— a woman in the front row still with her hand barely raised and tears in her eyes, a huddle of friends sitting on the ground in desperate prayer, the heart of an Asbury student running to Dollar General to buy coffee and supplies and so much more—  have occurred because Jesus is listening, moving and speaking.

But it is also important to remember He continues to listen, move and speak outside of this room. He is not limited to Hughes Auditorium, Asbury or Wilmore, Kentucky. 

Prayers from other states, such as California, Texas, Florida and Iowa, and countries such as Indonesia, India, Ukraine and Paraguay are being raised. And it’s not because of anything myself, the worship and spiritual leaders, the Asbury staff and the students have done or where we happen to be. 

Almost 53 hours of revival and it’s all because of Jesus. Oh, what a beautiful name it is. 

The Collegian will continue to provide updates. 

We have heard testimony from K-Homes Founder and Director Tammy, who shared how God saved so many of the children, her family, in India and across South Asia. ___ said a prayer over those who haven’t gotten to know the name of Jesus.