Best of: Wilmore Restaurants  

By Kayla Lutes, Features Editor

Wilmore’s main street is filled with dining options that you won’t need a car to get to. Check out this list of one editor’s opinion on the best places to eat in Wilmore. You’ll save on gas and possibly discover a new favorite in-between-class hangout.

img_3646-2

4. Great Wall Chinese Restaurant

104 E Main St

Tuesday – Saturday: 11 am – 10 pm, Sunday: 12 pm – 10pm, closed Monday 

Great Wall comes in at number four mostly for its atmosphere. The restaurant is small, so ordering your food to go is the preferable option. In terms of quality, the food isn’t so bad that I would warn you to stay far away, but it’s also nothing to write home about. I got my typical order of chicken lo mien and had no complaints. If you’re craving some quick Chinese, Great Wall is a perfect option to satiate that desire without having to drive into Lexington.

img_3664-2

3. Subway

100 E Main St

Monday – Friday: 7 am – 10 pm, Saturday: 8 am – 10 pm, Sunday: 9 am – 10 pm 

Subway is the middle ground of Wilmore’s restaurants. It’s a well-known chain, and we all know the cookies taste like heaven. If you find yourself wanting to change things up from the sandwiches offered at the Bistro, Subway is a great choice. You can create a sandwich to your taste, pick your favorite chips, grab a heavenly cookie and have an enjoyable lunch in the time it would take you to go to the caf or the bistro. Plus, Subway now serves Ale 8.

img_3657-2

2. Sim’s Pizzeria and Ice Cream Parlor

319 E Main St

Monday – Friday: 10:30 am – 6pm, Saturday: 10:30 am – 2 pm, Closed Sunday

I’m not sure why I don’t go to Sim’s more often. On my first visit freshman year, I ordered chicken fingers and fries and marveled at the diner atmosphere accomplished in a building that doubles as a pharmacy. While a little pricey, Sim’s is definitely worth a trip for dinner or just a treat. The ice-cream sundae comes with plenty of fudge and is topped with whipped cream and a cherry. If you go to Sim’s for a shake, make sure you check the specialty board; you may get to sip a delicious Nutella shake.

img_3650

1. Solomon’s Porch

111 E Main St

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 7 am – 2:30 pm, Tuesday and Thursday: 7 am – 8 pm, Closed Sunday

Solomon’s atmosphere alone makes it a place worth checking out. The restaurant offers a variety of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is also great for tea or coffee and a quick pick-me-up. I’ve heard it said that if you’re not in chapel, you’re in the library or at Solomon’s. With comfy chairs and a variety of seating, it’s the perfect place to unwind and chat with friends. The French toast is a crowd favorite that I plan to try on my next visit. In terms of pick-me-ups, you can’t go wrong with a warm and gooey chocolate croissant.