Athlete of the Week: Emily Hubbuch

Class – Merciful

Sport – Soccer

Major – Accounting

You made a pretty immediate impact on the team last year, what have you done to prepare for this season?

Freshman year for me was all about getting the feel for the college level of playing and understanding the game better. After my freshman fall season, I was able to then focus on my skills in the spring in order to better myself on the field. Throughout the spring I worked on my footwork, moves and shots. I carried what I had been practicing in the spring with me over into the summer and worked on all of that as well.

What were the biggest takeaways from the game against Cumberlands that you’ll take into the next game?

My biggest takeaway from the Cumberlands game was to not give up. If we gave up we would have lost the game. (Hubbuch scored twice in the Eagles 3-2 victory, one goal coming in the game’s last three minutes.) I plan to take with me into every game the determination to not give up and to keep working hard. Without the hard work from the entire team, we would not have won the game. The team is who wins the game. It’s the team who worked together and pushed each other every day, and that is the reason that we won. Without my teammates there to push me, I would not be the player I am today. We all push each other constantly in order to better each other.

Anything you want to tell campus to convince them to come to the home opener on August 27th?

This year we are chasing greatness. We are chasing to be the best that we can be. We would love to have people from campus there to cheer us on and push us to be great. We would also love for them to see us chasing the greatness and the greatness we have obtained so far.