End-of-Year Recaps

BY ZACK PEÑALVA, SPORTS EDITOR

Men’s Sports

Baseball

Record: 22-23

Highlights: Most wins since the 2010/11 season, wins #25 ranked Rio Grande, hopefully a late run in the KIAC tournament beginning on May 4

Basketball

Record: 15-16

Highlights: Winning both games of the Zweifel/Pritchett Classic at home, senior Kyle Lamb being named KIAC Comeback Player of the Year after return from an ACL tear.

Cross Country

Highlights: 2nd place at the Asbury Invitational, 3rd place in the KIAC Championship Meet, junior Caleb Woodard and sophomore Sam Starnes named to Second Team All-KIAC.

Golf

Highlights: 1st place finish in the Asbury Shootout, 3rd in KIAC Championship, senior Jordan Gilbert and sophomore Matthew McCurry named to All-Conference team

Lacrosse

Record: 4-7

Highlights: Playing first ever game on Asbury campus, a 9-8 overtime win over the NAIA’s #4 St. Andrew’s University at home

Soccer

Record: 6-13

Highlights: 2-1 overtime win over Missouri Baptist, 5-4 overtime win over Shawnee State, a trip to the KIAC Tournament Semifinals

Swimming

Highlights: 9th place finish in the NAIA National Championships, freshman Keith Jessee breaking the school record for 200m IM by four seconds at Nationals

Tennis

Record: 9-3

Highlights: Closing out the season with five straight wins, including three 9-0 blowouts over conference opponents. Looking for a strong end to the season in the KIAC Championships that begin today

Women’s Sports

Basketball

Record: 24-10

Highlights: Dominating the conference with a 16-2 record and advancing to the NAIA National Tournament for the second year in a row. Improving on last year’s trip by advancing to the second round.

Cross Country

Highlight: Winning the Asbury Invitational, finishing third in the KIAC Championship Meet, junior Katy Falkenberg finishing 92nd overall out of 321 at the National Championship Meet

Golf

Highlight: 2nd at the Fall KIAC Preview, junior Julie Spaulding named to All-KIAC team for second year in a row

Lacrosse

Record: 4-9

Highlights: Bouncing back from a poor start to the season to finish with two wins at home and a 4-4 record in conference play.

Soccer

Record: 12-5-1

Highlight: An undefeated record when playing on the road, a seven-game win streak to round off the season and make the KIAC Tournament Semifinals

Softball

Record: 17-26

Highlights: More wins than last year’s team, series sweeps against University of Cincinnati-Clermont, Alice Lloyd College and Berea College.

Swimming

Highlights: Sending seven swimmers to the NAIA National Championship Meet

Tennis

Record: 9-6

Highlights: Winning the KIAC Tournament with wins over 3rd-ranked Carlow University and Indiana University Southeast, sophomore Caitlin Conyers named KIAC Player of the Year.

Volleyball

Record: 21-14

Highlights: A 9-3 record in conference play, sophomore Kayla Morlan named to All-Conference First Team, senior Kellianne Crouse named to All-Conference Second Team