Asbury Athletics’ Class of 2016

lizzie_hoffa_14_wb2Lizzie Hoffa
  • Sports management
  • Women’s Basketball
  • Women’s Soccer

What has been your favorite experience while part of an Asbury athletic team?

Being a part of a team that becomes your family and I got to the experience of the national tournament for soccer one year and basketball two years. Unforgettable

What’s something you’d like the rest of campus to know about what makes your team great?

Basketball this year meant so much not only because it was my last but because it was about more than just basketball and winning. This team faced adversity in many different forms yet came together as a family, conquered all of our goals and played for Molly. Every win meant so much more knowing it was for her, and it kept our heads up and kept us strong together.

harold_brabon_14_msoHarold Brabon
  • Biology
  • Men’s Soccer

Being able to see how God has worked in the hearts of several guys on the team, my own included. I have been privileged on both mission trips of the soccer team and have been able to see God do miracles and see lives change. I would not of traded these past four years for anything.

Talk to athletes. We don’t mean to be exclusive; we simply don’t have much free time. We are some of the most hardworking individuals willing to go the extra mile for others.

kayley_valentien_14_wswKayley Valentien
  • Sociology and Spanish
  • Swimming

Really getting to be a part of a community that embraces your life in whatever stage you are in and helps support you through it while encouraging you to grow and break boundaries. The swim team is not a team but a family that loves you through anything.

We have the widest variety of people on our team but yet we somehow all come together to form a crazy but loving family.

caitlin_gagnon_14_wswCaitlin Gagnon
  • Media Communication
  • Swimming

Nationals 2015 was an incredible experience. Never before had I been part of a team so unified that really felt like family. We had a small team that year but that made it possible for us to bond so closely.

Swimmers have one of the most time-intensive training schedules at Asbury. This allows us to get really close. When we say we are a swimming family, we really mean it. I am so proud of my team’s ability to be inclusive with everyone, so that every person feels like they have at least one other person to connect to.

sara_henderson_14_wswSara Henderson
  • Elementary & Special Education
  • Swimming

There have been so many enjoyable experiences while being an athlete at Asbury. One of my favorite experiences was being able to go to NAIA Nationals three years in a row. It was a type of success that I didn’t know I was capable of.

One thing that I would like the rest of campus to know about my team is that we are completely comfortable with one another. I mean, there’s just something about seeing someone half-naked every day that provides an unbreakable bond.

annabeth_hill_14_wbaAnnaBeth Hill
  • Youth Ministry
  • Softball

Getting to know the girls each year, having fun, making memories, and being able to use it as a way to minister to other people

The softball team is really funny. We love to laugh, dance and play hacky sack before games.

todd_jefferson_14_mb2Todd Jefferson
  • Business Management & Sports Management
  • Basketball

My favorite thing about the basketball team was our team chemistry on and off the court. We had the most fun on our away trips when you only have to focus on playing basketball and hanging out with your teammates.

Yet again it is our chemistry. We worked so well together on the court because we genuinely loved each other off the court as well. These are my brothers for life, they know that and that’s what made us great.