Committee Hosts First Annual Game Show Night

By Katie Ellington, News Editor

Tonight, Asbury Student Congress’ Special Events Committee will be kicking off the semester game show style.

The committee will be holding its first Game Show Night tonight in the student center at 7:30. The event will replace with annual Battle of the Brains event.

“We wanted to switch it up to make it more interactive and incorporate more than just trivia,” said committee co-chair junior Lizzy Sherwood.

“We have had this event for the past few years and this year we were inspired to change it up a bit so that more people would want to participate,” said committee member Ashley Eastwood. “I think this year people will be most excited because we have revamped the traditional trivia game and have added mini physical games this year… (which) allows for more people to show their skills.

Sherwood’s co-chair, junior Lael Shields, says the committee chose to re-vitalize the Battle of the Brains event last year by hosting a Trivia Crack night. This year will feature a variety of gameshow style games played by seven competing teams. But you don’t have to be on a team to get in on the action.

“We have some fun and crazy games for everyone—even the audience—to participate in,” said Shields. Audience members will have the chance to win free hiccup drinks. The Special Events Committee will also be providing free chips, soda and wings from Pizza Hut.

“Isn’t that why we go to events anyway? To spend time with each other, laugh at ourselves and other students and get free food.”

The game show host will be junior Fred Mbesi.”I’ve only hosted one game show before, and it was a Family Feud-type gig,” says Mbesi. “This time, I’m bringing out all the stops and going all out!”