Netflix’s newest in October 2015

By Kaiser Shaffer, Web Editor

Everything changes. The passage of time means things rarely are constant. Netflix is not immune to the flux. Every month, there are new movies and TV shows added to the collection for your viewing pleasure. A lot is out there, so I’ll be giving you the highlights of the best Netflix has to offer in their latest additions.

“A Christmas Carol” (1938) – This Christmas classic is back on Netflix just in time for Halloween. Thank goodness.

“Batman Begins” (2005) – Christopher Nolan’s Batman begins in this movie. The kicker is that the other two in the trilogy are not on Netflix yet so you’ll have to wait a bit until you settle in for a 7 hour, 38 minute Batman bonanza.

“Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (2005) – Okay, so I get it. Lots of people really enjoy the 1971 version of this movie, but I dig the weirdness of the Burton and Depp duo. Think of it as twins: one is really into art and the other is Gene Wilder.

“Monkey Thieves” (Seasons One to Three) – You might be thinking “what’s so great about guys who go around stealing monkeys.” And while that would be a great idea for a TV show, this one is actually about (real life) monkeys that go around stealing things. And that is what is so great about it.

“The Bourne Supremacy” (2004) – Matt Damon. Matt. Damon.

“The Vanilla Ice Project” (Seasons One to Four) – Watch Vanilla Ice try to do his best Ty Pennington impression and renovate already pretty great homes. Actually, with his sunglasses on, he really does look like Ty Pennington.

“The Flash” (Season One) – While Marvel has been rolling in it with their movies, DC has been on a slow roll jump starting their comic book universe. After hitting a bull’s-eye with Arrow (which also has season three out this month on Netflix), maybe this show won’t be a Flash in the pan.

For a full list of all the titles coming to Netflix this month, visit whats-on-netflix.com.