Week in Review

Zack Peñalva, Sports Editor

Baseball

It’s been a rough week for the Eagles’ baseball team as they look to recover from the five-game losing streak they suffered last weekend. The March 23 loss to Georgetown College put the team at 4-15 for the season, but a run of home games this weekend against Indiana University Southeast will be a good chance for the Eagles to get back on track and steal some wins. The Eagles went 1-3 against IUSE last season.

Men’s Lacrosse

Take a bow, Bobby Bennett. After the sophomore scored 12 goals against Davidson College in the Eagles’ 15-14 game, Bennett continued his streak and stepped up to score again in Asbury’s 12-4 rout of Montreat College the very next day. Adding to Bennett’s heroics against Davidson were freshmen Jake Butler, who scored twice, and Walker Bartlett, who scored once. The Eagles will put their 4-3 record on the line when they play against Emory University today at 7 p.m. in Atlanta, Georgia.

Women’s Lacrosse

The Lady Eagles are 2-3 after a trip through St. Louis last week. Freshman Taylor Papadakis scored seven against Lindenwood-Belleview while freshman Elise Shin chipped in with five as the Eagles went on to win 20-6. That scoring output could have been used in the game against Missouri Baptist, where the Eagles were on the losing end of a lopsided score, 17-7.Next on the schedule is a trip to Georgetown, KY today and tomorrow for games against Davenport University and SCAD Savannah.

Men’s Tennis

Hilton Head, South Carolina was a great spring break spot as far as tennis is concerned. After playing four different colleges, the Eagles had won 32 matches and had lost zero. After having a large portion of their schedule cancelled or postponed due to the bad weather, this spring break trip has reignited a team that now sits at 5-1 for the year. Today’s match against Alice Lloyd College could add another win to the column. In the last two meetings between the two schools, Asbury has won both times.