ASC confident about semester, hopeful for the next

By Hannah Schultz, News Editor

ASC wrapped up its last meeting of the semester on Tuesday, Nov. 19. President Jordan Wood feels that each branch has successfully fulfilled their purpose this semester. “I think we have done a pretty good job thus far with following through with our vision of leaning, loving and living in a fruitful community,” he said.
The Student Activities Board (SAB) has worked diligently to enrich campus through engaging events. Recently, they have orchestrated Fall Variety Show, Fall Tourney Night, partnered with Student Governance (SGA) for the Bistro Ball and coordinated Asbury’s first on-campus dance, the Hoe-Down. “SAB continues to throw outstanding event after event, and our event turnout is the best I have seen in my four years at Asbury,” said Wood. “I continue to be impressed with the work all of SAB’s committees are doing.”
The Spiritual Life Board (SLB) has created many opportunities for students to engage more deeply with Christ on campus. Recently, WHAM was a success, and 25 men discussed what it means to be a man of God for ManUp. Wood is proud of SLB’s work for furthering the mission of Christ. “Our SLB is doing amazing work this year and truly investing in advancing the kingdom of God on our campus,” he said.
SGA has been listening to the complaints and requests of students and directing their attention towards those issues. Most recently, SGA coordinated an Operation Christmas Child Packing Party, which brought students together in fellowship for a good cause. “SGA is doing a great job of listening to the campus pulse and evaluating what improvements and initiatives we should focus on bringing to campus,” Wood said.
ASC already has plans for improvements next semester. “Some changes that the Asbury community should be looking forward [to] include improved wifi, parking and food selection in the cafeteria,” Wood said. Specifically, the wifi connection in the student center and library will be focused on as the main complaint of students this semester. Wood also expressed the desire for student input in improvements to the cafeteria food, as ASC will concentrate on bringing in “particular food students would prefer to eat.”
“If we continue to seek God’s will for campus instead of our own, I think we will continue to see a great transformation as this year rolls on,” Wood said.